At Shakti we teach Traditional Usui Reiki as handed down by teachers over many years from Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan. We teach all levels from Reiki 1 through Master Teacher and also provide on-going support to our students through regular Reiki practice evenings.
Reiki level 1 class
This class takes a full day and covers the following:
- the nature of energy generally including the early discovery of the connectedness of everything in The Matrix or The Field as everything is energy, much of the research by scientists confirming the effect of energy, and we feel the impact of the nergy field in our daily life
- Reiki energy and its benefits at physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels; the broad range of healing possibilities with Reiki; the importance of self-healing; the results from some of the experiments using Reiki
- the history of Reiki
- the Five Principles of Reiki
- the 26 hand positions for self-healing for 21 days after the class
- the 7 major chakras as the focal point of particular physical and emotional aspects of our life
- the individual Attunement conducted one on one to open the crown chakra and allow the energy to flow freely
The class costs $1800. A certificate issued by the International Association of Reiki Professionals is given after attending one Reiki practice evening.
Reiki level 2 class
This class takes a full day and costs $2800. We start the day by reviewing everyone’s experiences with using Reiki since learning level 1 as deeper learning often results from this sharing of experience.
The main part of the day is focused on learning and practicing three symbols given by Dr. Usui and passed down by teachers over the years. The significance of the symbols is that they greatly enhance the power of one’s Reiki practice. One of the symbols allows healing to be done at a distance.
Reiki Master level 3 class
This class also takes a full day and costs $3800. Again, we start the day by reviewing individual experiences and progress with Reiki before moving on to learn the Master Symbol.
Reiki practice evenings
To provide continuing support for your Reiki practice and the give you the platform to develop your practice, we hold two Reiki practice evenings every month: the Intermediate practice group is for those who have taken levels 1 and 2 only and the Advanced group for those who have taken the Master level 3. Dates for the practice groups can be found under Events This Month or Next Month on this website. Registration is essential as the group sessions are often full.