The heard sound is processed in the brain and the brain can be trained. Through the application of specific music, many activities of the brain are positively influenced. The training of balanced hearing promotes various perceptions as well as their processing and the abilities that depend on them.
Auditory Training has been shown to be helpful in the following areas:
- Hearing: auditory processing and perception disorders, tinnitus, central hearing defects, hardness of hearing, hyperacusis
- Speech: delayed or defective speech development, articulation and pronunciation difficulties, stuttering, aphasi
- Reading and Writing: reading and writing weakness, dyslexia
- Attention: concentration disorders, distractability, attention deficit / hyperactivity disorders (ADHD), problems with retentive memory
The basic path of auditory training is a collection of instrumental music developed specifically for the purpose by Holger Raddatz of Germany. An assortment that corresponds to the specific problems of the individual is compiled along with tests to evaluate the individual’s precise hearing ability. Depending on the results obtained in the session a training CD designed exactly for that individual is then produced for subsequent use.
Cost: Initial session and examination $1500 (90 minutes). Individualised CD $550 for children or $750 for adults.
Gabriela has been a therapist since 2000 and is a certified Biography Mentor and energetic healer, having trained with Jana Haas in Germany. After 6 years of study in Switzerland, Gabriela obtained degrees in Eurythmy Art and Eurythmy Therapy. In 2010 she was awarded a degree in Complementary Therapy. She also has a certificate in Auditory Listening and Neuro Development Training with an emphasis on helping children with learning difficulties.
The focus of her work is treatment of the following conditions:
- rheumatic joint problems
- heart and circulation problems
- breathing problems
- stress symptoms
She has also treated many children with a variety of conditions including:
- spinal scoliosis
- orthopedic problems
- childhood asthma
- learning difficulties
- teeth and jaw problems
Her aim is to help people learn to communicate better with their body for full healing to take place.